MacBook Pro Just Won't Import CDs into iTunes..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rimrocka07011, Apr 26, 2006.

1. rimrocka07011 macrumors member

I've tried everything for iTunes and my CDs... from getting a Disk Doctor, to changing the preferences for iTunes, and some CDs JUST cannot be imported! It is so frustrating; iTunes will import like 1 or 2 songs, and then just beachball. Is there a third-party app that will copy my songs from my CDs, and then just export them into my iTunes library? Please help with any suggestions to remedy these problems (these CDs are in good condition btw).

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

have you opened up the disc in finder and just dragged the songs to your desktop?

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

4. rimrocka07011 thread starter macrumors member

I've tried both aforementioned suggestions... none of them really work. This is truly frustrating; I pay all this money for a computer, and cannot even import a few CDs into iTunes without having my MacBook freeze. Could there possibly be something wrong with my Superdrive? Should I take it to an Apple Store?

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Could be. Are the discs visibly scratched or pitted? Even EAC will take forever to get a good rip of a badly scratched disc.

One thing to try would be to bring one of the CDs to the Apple Store with you and try to rip it on one of their machines.

B

6. rimrocka07011 thread starter macrumors member

No; these discs are in excellent condition, and 3 have even been cleaned (DiskDoctor). I was able to import other CDs, but that whole process was just as much as a hassle as these Cds have been. This is truly frustrating. Is there something that I can do in Terminal to possibly not have a lot of CPU Usage when importing?

7. NicP macrumors 6502

Are the discs copy protected? check on the cd case for any mention of copy protection

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

google cdparanoia?

Copy protection could possibly have the same kind of effect, as NicP suggests.

B

9. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

+1

I've had a few copy protected CDs that didnt import on the first few tries. I just kept ejecting and trying again, eventually it imported them. Check on the back of the CD case to see if it is.

10. rimrocka07011 thread starter macrumors member

No; these CDs are just regular burn CDs from my old computer... they work in other computers, and on my CD player, but not on my Mac! :mad:

11. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Ahhhh, EAC w/ LAME. Wish that sucker worked on macs :|.

12. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

Is there another computer you can load the songs into, then transfer via cable or netowrk? I mean, maybe as last resort?

13. rimrocka07011 thread starter macrumors member

Possibly, but I find this really frustrating because I've been able to copy DVDs using Handbrake with my SD, so I'm pretty sure it's not that; I just may have to take this to the Westfarms Mall Apple Store.