MacBook Pro keep freezing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lphong@mac.com, Nov 24, 2006.

1. lphong@mac.com macrumors newbie

Please HELP!!

I bought a MacBook Pro from ebay a few days ago, it runs perfectly on my MacBook's hard drive via firewire.

However, I installed OSX on its local drive on it yesterday, and it has frozen 3 times since then...the screen turns grey and a message board says something like 'your computer need to be restarted. Hold down the power button for a few seconds or press down the restart button.' I have never seen this message on my Macbook or iBook, could some kind person tell me what's going on please?

Regards
    Pok:( :(

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

That screen is called a 'kernel panic' basically its telling you something major is wrong. Try reinstallng OSX. If it continues to 'panic' you may have a bad HD.

3. lphong@mac.com thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much for reply!
    Muh...I have tried to reinstall OSX and that message still comes.

I also tried to change the hard drive as well, however the final 2 screws on the right hand side of the HD is far too hard to unscrew:(

Do you think they will do that for me of I bring that to a Apple store?

4. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

The only thing they will tell you for sure is that your warranty is void because you opened the case. :(

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I would not mess with the HD taking it out and putting it back will not solve anything but a faulty connection. If the connection was faulty the thing would probably not even start up.

However it does sound like a dud HD.

If you dont mention you opened it up then you should be fine as long as it is still under warranty. ;)

6. lphong@mac.com thread starter macrumors newbie

Arr. i meant swap the HD with my MB, which is quite easy to be taken out....This annoys so much!!:(

7. lphong@mac.com thread starter macrumors newbie