Macbook Pro lists as Glossy on Apple Support Site

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by citi, Jul 19, 2006.

1. citi macrumors 65816

citi

I just put in my serial to verify registration on the apple support site and it lists my macbook pro as 15 inch Glossy. It's matte not glossy. Should I call them and correct this? Is it even possible? I could see it now, I send my notebook back for some routine issue and the send it back with a Glossy Screen. :rolleyes:

2. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I don;t think it makes a difference whether it says your screen is glossy or not. It's probably just an error in the system. Nothing to worry about :)

3. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Until he sends it in for a screen problem and they replace it with the wrong type of screen. It is likely just an error, but I would probably have it checked since it could be a problem if you ever have to have the screen serviced. It's unlikely that thi will ever be an issue, but you never know.

4. NJuul macrumors 6502

5. citi thread starter macrumors 65816

citi

6. maizenblue macrumors newbie

I had the same thing happen to me. I called applecare and told them about it and the guy told me that he was going to take care of it. Said that it must have been a glitch, but also said that it needed to be changed. Maybe you shhould just let them know that they have gotten it wrong.