MacBook Pro MagSafe Charging Lights?????

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atticus1178, Aug 10, 2006.

1. atticus1178 macrumors regular

Apr 1, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Okay, when I charge my MacBook Pro, I am getting THREE distinct colors on my magsafe. SEE PICTURES.

WHen fully charged, I get the DARK GREEN color. (3rd pic)
    When charging normally, I get the ORANGE color. (2nd pic)
    BUT....sometimes when i move the cord or whatever, the light turns a LIGHT GREEN/YELLOWISH color. (1st pic) NOTE: this color will stay there until i move the cord around or push it against the mbp harder, sometimes takes several tries to get it to go back to orange/dark green....

Does anyone know what is happening?

Attached Files:

2. Jenius macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Wow~ No reply after two years?

I am getting the same problem now~ Can anyone help?
  3. NoNameBrand macrumors 6502

Nov 17, 2005
    Halifax, Canada
    It was asked in the wrong forum then, it's in the wrong forum now...

My MacBook will sometimes not charge and just display green when it should be orange. Re-attaching the connector results in the expected orange.
  4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

Jun 16, 2007
    People should learn to read first. Helps so much. :D
  5. NoNameBrand macrumors 6502

Nov 17, 2005
    Halifax, Canada
    ...did this thread move? if it didn't, I need to learn to read. I was sure it was in the Mac Pro/PowerMac forum.
  6. miniConvert macrumors 68040

Mar 4, 2006
    Kent, UK - the 'Garden of England'.
    My MBP has never liked its charger indicator light. It always charges correctly/as expected, but even with a new charger the light sometimes goes a dim vaguely light colour. It doesn't bother me because it works, but it would if it didn't.
  7. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2009
    I had this exact same problem for months. I then bought a new Mac and every now and then used it's cord with the old one. Never had a problem with it, so it was obviously a problem with the old cord.

The dimness described in miniConvert's post above actually preceeded this problem for months so that may be the beginning of the same problem.