MacBook Pro - MBP (1st gen) wont go to sleep when i close it

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mercury55, Jan 10, 2007.

1. mercury55 macrumors newbie

hi! I´ve a first generation MBP with windows (on bootcamp), my sleep mode used to work perfectly everytime I closed it and opened it. But lately it doesn´t work, I have to click through the apple menu tu put it on sleep mode and when I open it have to click any key so it comes awake. Does any have the same problem? can anybody help me?

2. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

I had this problem with my Macbook. It had to go in for service for a logic board replacement.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Same problem here... bringing it in tomorrow.

4. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

In my limited experience with this issue, the logic board replacement should help. Also, just in case, be sure to check activity monitor to see if any processes are going nuts when the computer is refusing to sleep.

5. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Same thing here, the screen goes off but the fans run and run and if I stick it in my bag and come back a few minutes later the bag is an oven with the fans in the MBP running overtime. However I've sent in my computer 4 times and had it replaced once, so I'm not too thrilled about sending it in again. I just select sleep from the apple menu when I want it to.

6. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

same with me i just shut it down and started it up again and it was working