MacBook Pro memory in the UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Foggy, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Foggy macrumors 6502a

Anyone know a decent place to buy a 1gb stick to go in a macbook pro 17"?

Cheers

2. ascender macrumors 68000

I've always had good service from Crucial. Reliable product and very quick delivery.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Scan have them for £77 but they will charge you around £10 delivery (CitiLink) on top of that.

This is significanly less than the >£120 Crucial want. I've never had any trouble with Cosair Value Select (which is what Scan are selling) in my Macs.

4. Foggy thread starter macrumors 6502a

£77?? Bargain - cheers for that! and thats INC vat, so only 65 quid!!! Wish I could fit a few of em in.

5. gavd macrumors 6502a

I'd been looking to get 2x1gb sticks for my MacBook - am I right in thinking this would be OK for a MacBook as well. I've had a look and am fairly sure, but I just wanted to check before I ordered any.

Thanks.

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

MacBooks and MacBook Pros use the same 667Mhz DDR2 SO-DIMMs, so yes it should be fine for a MacBook too.

7. gavd macrumors 6502a

Excellent, thanks a lot.

8. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Does no one use the search function?? There have been around 3 threads in the last month on this issue and the answers are Kingston, Crucial and Corsair Value that are the most common ones.

9. Foggy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually, I did do a search and looked through the first five pages of results and saw a few recommended places in the US but not in the UK although I may well have missed one.