Macbook pro - messager problems? just me?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BFG, Mar 17, 2006.

1. BFG macrumors member

Hi there, ive got a strange problem with my new intel macbook.
    after 3 mins of being connected to msn ver 5.1 - the connection will drop, and sign me out.

But the strange part is the connect to webpage will stay active, and the signal on airport hasnt cut out.

I've got a ibook right next to my macbook pro, which doesnt suffer from this problem.

Could this problem just be with the msn, or is it a deeper problem with my macbook pro?

2. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Hmm maybe it's having problems because it's not yet a universal binary. Rosetta might be affecting its connection. :-\

3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Is Adium a UB app yet? That would be a temprorary problem fix.

4. sel1965 macrumors member

I had a similar problem with yahoo. I could connect no problem but it would disconnect automatically, this was with my powerbook. I now have a macbook pro but haven't tried it yet.

5. Kirbdog macrumors regular

Kirbdog

I stopped using MSN for Mac a while ago. There are other good IM apps you could try. Try Proteus, it allows you to log on to almost every IM client simultaneously including MSN, Jabber, Bonjour, and iChat.
    http://www.defaultware.com/proteus/
    I think registration is still free, might be a good fix.

6. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

But is it below full? Many people are reporting Airport problems, especially when it doesn't have full signal.

My mini, before it died again, didn't have any connectivity issues with the wireless network when signal was full, but every now and then when signal went down a bar or two songs playing over the network would start to skip and browsing would become painfully slow.

7. PatrickF macrumors 6502

Yes it is. Using it now and it's just as great as ever!

I stopped using the Microsoft MSN client on OS X ages ago and moved over to Adium (http://www.adiumx.com/).

8. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd