MacBook Pro Noises

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Eluon, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Eluon macrumors regular

Digg.com has posted a story about macbook pro's having extreme noises. I couldn't get on the site - the link was to apple discussion page - because of bandwidth problems at apple, I am assuming. I don't have any problems with loud noises from my MBP 2.0, but I am wondering if any of you are.

here is the link:

http://www.digg.com/apple/Electronic_whine_from_MacBook_Pro_when_idle

2. ThomasM macrumors regular

3. tribe3 macrumors 6502

4. MacSyn macrumors regular

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Mine made some weird noises the first hour oh so, but I think it was because the computer had been in a cold truck for a while. No noises made since then.

6. Aramis macrumors member

Aramis

Ditto.

Sometimes there are pretty significant noises (whining noted in other threads). Other times, dead silent.

7. joseph2166 macrumors 6502

whenever I don't have any music on I can hear a random (fluctuating on and off seemingly at random) whir - not sure what it is, doesn't quite sound mechanical enough to be the hard drive, although that would explain the randomness of it.... anyway no matter its not very loud and not annoying at all once you get used to it!

Mine goes away when the isight camera is on, or (I THINK) when the hard drive is being used more (for example spotlight) - others have a different noise which goes away when you change the screen brightness

8. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

I've got the dreaded whining noise with my 2.0 macbook pro. It comes and goes and I am hoping it will go away in a couple of days. If not, it's going to the genious bar along with some yelling. THERE IS NO EXCUSE for a $2,500 hundred laptop to be making weird noises.

9. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."