Macbook pro...Non responsive keys!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GreekMac, Aug 28, 2006.

1. GreekMac macrumors newbie

GreekMac

I'm curently the owner of a Macbook pro 2.16Ghz..A few days ago I was doing some work on Excel when my backspace and space keys stopped responding!
    At first I paid no attention because I thought that maybe the app. was stuck so I quit it and tried to edit some folder names in the finder and then I realized that the tab and home buttons were also dead. After several attempts with different applications and restarting my computer several times. I finally desided to do AHT even though it is not ment for superficial problems such as keyboards and trackpads,but I though that maybe the problem was related to something more serious.
    The diagnostics turned out possitive but the problem persisted so I just let my computer sleep. Once I returned to my surprize every thing was fine again but once I restart my computer the problem returned.
    So now in order for me to work I have to leave my computer idle for atleast 1 hour after start up before I can use all the keyboard.
    The reason I haven't gone to apple yet is simply because I'm on holiday, though I will once I return. But for the mean time I would be very happy if someone could shed some light on this mystery for me..
    (Might it have something to do with the firmware?)

2. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

So what was the outcome?