macbook pro OS X. Snow Leopard clean install

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sqwatch, Apr 24, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Apr 24, 2012
    I reformatted my HDD and want to install a clean copy. I did not back it up because it was my sisters and wanted to start over. I have read forums regarding how to do this. I have held down the ALT key and the option (only option) to choose install disc. I choose it and then the Apple symbol comes up and doesn't go away. Install disc is not being read and the HDD is not moving. I want this for my daughter who is entering HS.

How can I get this installed? I spent a few hours on it and am frustrated. It worked when my sister used it now I cant get OS to install.

I have always been a PC user and have built, installed and reformatted many of them. Apple is just a different kind of animal I am trying to learn.

Thanks for any help.
  2. macrumors 68030

Oct 16, 2007
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 18, 2012
    Hmm, lets see if I can remember correctly... (Im not at home so I dont have my disc by my side)

I recently removed my Windows partition, and when I did my Computer for some reason didnt know where to boot from, so I had to put the CD in and sort it that way.
    Anyhow, unless Im completely mistaken on the disc was the instruction to press C to boot via the disc. I did this and got into the installation with option to go to Utilities (which was my direction) I dont know which solution you need, with formatting and stuff, but it should be mentioned on your disc how you boot with it. :)

Heres a pic: