Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Ok #1, learn how to spell...or AT LEAST how to type like a normal human being.

#2: There's something wrong with you or your machine if it's gaming that slow. I played Call of Duty 2 with no problems whatsoever on my MBP, so that leads me to believe it is either user error or a hardware problem.

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005
Have you tried playing other heavy games, both on Mac and Windows? If the problem persists then probably it's a hardware problem =/
Genius bar maybe?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
rs1985 said:
i don't know
is just so laggy when i play
i dun want that on my 2XXX cdn machine

Your mindless banter is getting annoying.

Have you even tried one of the many excellent suggestions posted in this thread? This is the closest I could find:

rs1985 said:
i even put it on lowest setting
still lagging
well
i don't know

Even this doesn't make sense. Is it lagging or is it not? "You don't know" ?

Seriously, if you aren't going to try and fix your problem, then don't keep posting the same thing. We know by now that your system is lagging. We might be able to help you more if you would give us some coherent, useful information.

Chryx

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
Do some googlefu for a dual core hotfix for windows, there are issues with windows and dual core processors where the timing for some applications (typically games) gets messed up and they stutter.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I followed generik's how to, and I can play F.E.A.R. on high settings 1440x900 and get like 30fps. I can max out the following games (get above 30fps with every setting on max, and at the highest resolution the monitor can display which is 1440x900):

Doom 3
Quake 4
UT2k4
Quake 3
CoD 2
Half Life 2 (and CS:S, etc.)
Battlefield 2
Prey

Perhaps you didn't install the video drivers? That or your expectations are too high, and you exadurate your descriptions.

Cassie said:
Ya... then why does Apple still sell upper 1 GHz computers?

The GHZ war has been over for quite some time. AMD was the first to break free, with the Opteron. Remember when it first came out and a 1.5Ghz Opteron obliterated a P4 3Ghz in almost all the benchmarks? Processors are able to do a lot more per clock cycle that they used to be able to. This means we can have faster processors, and lower clock speeds, and that means they use less power and because of that, produce less heat.

rs1985

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
i just found out my frd that help me install window didn't use real window
are there updates that can effect the performance of winod w?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
MisterEd said:
With specs like your MBP, there should be no problem at all running it.

Also, what graphics settings have you got turned on? is it on full? if you have something like HDR turned on in the settings your video card might not cope with this.

displaced said:
When your MBP's running Windows, it's exactly the same as every other Windows machine out there. If games are slow in Windows, try all the usual hoops you have to jump through to get Windows to play your games properly. All standard Windows tips apply -- disable CPU-sucking services, tweak this, edit that, fiddle with such-and-such a registry key.

Both are correct (and more helpful than lots of what's being said ;) ). Your MBP running Windows is as good as a Dell running Windows.

You only have 1 GB of RAM, and that might be the problem (although I'm not quite sure, since I played NHL 2005 just fine on a computer with 768 MB of RAM, and the games are generally the same as before). WinXP still runs when NHL2007 is being played, so try getting another 512 MB or 1 GB stick of RAM.

And like Displaced said, do all the usual WinXP tricks to speed up the system if you're really having that much trouble. I suspect it's a graphics card driver issue, since your hardware specs (other than RAM) is exceptional for such a game.

rs1985

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
I installed everything like drivers, video card Omega driver
still getting the lags in NHL 2007
washington
if you are not going help
please just shut up

chosenwolf

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2006
Los Angeles
whooleytoo said:
I've tried Half-Life 2 (and Episode 1), and it plays beautifully, Far Cry flies along nicely too.

When gaming, it gets extremely hot under the narrow strip behind the keyboard, careful not to touch this for long.

What about Counter-strike. How does it run under boot camp?

Washington

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2006
rs1985 said:
I installed everything like drivers, video card Omega driver
still getting the lags in NHL 2007
washington
if you are not going help
please just shut up

Yup, definitely user error.

rs1985

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
yep
all those are install
i don't know if this will have a big effect
my friend installed a pirate version of window on my mac book pro
i am planning to change it back to the real thing
but does it make any difference ?

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
generik said:
Yeah, flying economy class gets me to me destination a lot faster than sailing first class in the Titanic too :rolleyes:

That statement makes absolutely no sense, we are talking about computers here; what the hell are you talking about boats and planes for? Anyone in their right mind would expect the MacBook Pro to drastically out-perform any 5 year old computer. This leads me to suspect either that the orginal poster is taking the piss, or that it is chiefly a software problem causing the slowdown.

JasonElise1983

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Between a rock and a midget
RS1985: why you not lrn to tlk rit?
Seriously, what is up with all the bad grammar and strange abbreviations? I'm not grammar freak myself, but i can't even understand what you are saying half the time. The most i've gotten out of you is...your computer lags. Got it, i think everyone does. So, since you want a "fix" for the problem, instead of trying ideas that people are giving you, i've got one. Take you MBP, put it in a box, write my address on there, stamp it (a gazzilion times) and put it in the mail. When i get it, i'll test it out and if for some reason i can't get it to work, i'll just keep it. :D Hope that helps.

ryanx27

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2006
jessica. said:
MacPro - everything but games Windows PC games and don't bother with everything else.

Can you rephrase this, please? I have no idea what this sentence means...

ryanx27

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2006
rs1985 said:
i just found out my frd that help me install window didn't use real window
are there updates that can effect the performance of winod w?

Tell your friend that installing pirated versions of Windows is a great way to get sued by Microsoft...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.