Macbook Pro price increase?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by KidVicious, Jul 20, 2006.

1. KidVicious macrumors newbie

Jul 5, 2006
    Since the word is that Apple will introduce new MBPs at the WWDC, I've been convinced to wait to buy one until after the conference.

But does anyone know whether or not there is an expected price increase to go along with a new revision? Cause the MBP I was about to buy was right within what I wanted to pay for one, and I don't know If I'm willing to pay any more.
  2. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    Historically, there haven't been price increases when a product revision occurs - often there is better performance for the same or lower price.

Unless, of course, it is a completely new product (larger screen) vs. just a "minor" upgrade (processor bump).
  3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    It would be unusual for there to be a price increase. Apples normal strategy is to sell a product for a given price until they bump the spec (i.e. no price drops over time). The new spec tends to be at the same price point as the old one.
  4. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    Like emw said, prices rarely increase. The only time I really saw a price increase, besides with the Intel transition, is when the Power Mac Quad was released.
  5. amac4me macrumors 65816

Apr 26, 2005
    I doubt we will see the announcement of new MacBook Pro's. I do however anticipate the announcement of the Intel based PowerMac replacement ... the Mac Pro
  6. REDSRT4 macrumors regular

Jul 20, 2006
    Prices typically always stay around the same but just get better over time
  7. BAspecialCake macrumors member

Jul 10, 2006
    Live on the IGN Boards
    Like those before me, I wouldn't expect a price hike....