MacBook Pro Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by krooklyn, Feb 28, 2007.

1. krooklyn macrumors newbie

Feb 28, 2007
    hey everyone,
    i just bought a new 15" MBP a few days ago and i found a slight chip in the casing on the right side. It's under the gray lining and it's really small, but since i noticed it i can't get the thought out of my head that there is a chip. I've called apple today and they told me that i can go to a local apple authorized store and get the case replaced. Should i bring it in and get the case replaced or should i just leave it alone?? :confused: I'm just afraid that i might look like an idiot trying to replace a case just because there's a minor chip (it's not noticeable to the naked eye, but once you catch see you can't not notice it) , but i feel since i since i've spent so much money on this MBP, i want to retain it's condition as long as i can.

Any suggestions on what i should do???
  2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

Dec 2, 2006
    the OC
    if it bothers you even in the slightest, you should get it fixed.
  3. e12a macrumors 68000

Oct 28, 2006
    If its for free then why not

But then the geniuses at the apple store might roll their eyes.
  4. dvader macrumors regular

Feb 17, 2007
    I know what you mean. Whenever I get something new and I find something cosmetically wrong with it I go crazy even if it's something so tiny.

I wish I could not care, but at least your issue could be bad in the long run if you don't take care of it.
  5. krooklyn thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 28, 2007
    so yah, i get my mac book pro exchanged today because of that minor chip. After coming home from the apple store, i opened the box and guess what i saw? The latch on the macbook was scratched and dented, so i decided to call the Apple store and they tell me come in and get it exchanged. Once i got there, the sale rep tells me to open it up and inspect it, at the time it seemed fine and i was finally content to know that i was finally going to have a beautiful non-damaged MBP. After coming home from the apple store again within 5 minutes installing all my apps i noticed another chip right above my dvd-rom- how i could i not see that at the store :confused: - i even asked the sale rep to take a look at it and she said it was perfect. I guess i'm stuck with this macbook even though this is my third unit :(. So just to be on the safe side, if any one who is planning to buy a mac, just remember to carefully examine the unit before you end up like me. :mad: