MacBook Pro Replacement Power Cord Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thewho64, Sep 12, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro A1278 MB990LL/A Laptop, I am trying to buy another power cord for it so that I don't have to keep moving the power cord from room to room. So far I have spent the better part of a day researching model numbers and parts and I cannot figure out what I am supposed to buy. I got all of the numbers from the power cords, which are the MagSafe Power Cords model number says a1330 60w, but it also says another model number ADP-60AD D, and then the extender model number is ACP7Q, I can find the extension cord but I am confused by the magsafe adapter. The internet seems to indicate that I am looking for two different ones. And when ever I search for the a1330 adapter it doesn't mention anything about compatibility with the A1278, it doesn't mention it at all I don't think. Can someone please help me with this. I don't want to order the wrong cord. I just want to be able to use the computer without having to move the power cord.

Thanks.

2. mohsy90, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

macrumors 65816

mohsy90

You are doing way more work than you need to. 13" MacBook Pros all use 60W Magsafe Power Adaptors. You do not need to worry about model/serial numbers. Just purchase a 60W magsafe adaptor and it it will work.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

What about the extension cord? Does that need to be the exact model of the one that I have? I just keep thinking that the computer will short out.

4. macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Nope, its an ordinary extension cord that is universal for all magsafe adaptors.