Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lopchopstop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2006
I am beginning to think about upgrading my powerbook G4 15” and getting a 15” macbook pro. The only thing that is stopping me at the moment is the resolution of the macbook pro, I just think it is to high!
I use my powerbook for graphic design a lot and obviously the extra resolution is fantastic for this but I also use it for writing (a lot!) and I find it difficult to write at high resolutions (I even find the native resolution of my powerbook a little high!).
So I have two questions,

1. how do people find reading and writing at the macbook pro native resolution? Is it that much different from the powerbook?

2. what is the macbook pro like running at a non native resolution? Say 1280 x 800? (running non native resolutions on my powerbook is just terribly blurry)

I realise that high resolutions are absolutely not a problem for most people so excuse my idiosyncrasies!

Oh and I realise that I could go for a macbook and I am considering it. Thanks.

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
Actually I have the same problem right now with my parents. The bastards want to buy a 20" iMac but I am curious as to how to make fonts bigger seeing (pun intended) as they are both halfblind and currently run 1024 * 768 on their PC monitor. Is there a way to help this without using Universal access' zoom function??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.