Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vtgeek

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
I just ran diagnostics and my battery life has been degrading recently. 700+ cycles.

Has anyone had experience having their battery replaced in their macbook at an apple store with a genius bar appointment at the time? Or has it been sent out?

Thanks.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
I just ran diagnostics and my battery life has been degrading recently. 700+ cycles.

Has anyone had experience having their battery replaced in their macbook at an apple store with a genius bar appointment at the time? Or has it been sent out?

Thanks.

Call your local store and ask if they have new batteries on hand. I had mine replaced (along with the whole bottom case), but took a couple a couple of days to get it in, then was fixed overnight.

Modernape

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I took mine in and they replaced it the same day (though it took several hours). As the battery is bonded to the top case, I ended up with a new case (which also included a new keyboard :)). If you're below 80% then get it done, before it starts swelling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.