MacBook Pro Shipping Route Map?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by corywoolf, Mar 28, 2006.

1. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

So I just ordered a MBP 1.83 Ghz a few weeks ago and it said it shipped a couple days ago. It hasn't updated on FedEx.com tracking since then and it still says it has "left the origin", which is SHANGHAI CHINA. I had seen a map of the path all MBP's going to the USA take, but can't remember what site it was on. I searched around and came up empty handed, does anyone know where to find this map? I believe it goes from China to Alaska to Tennessee to wherever the person lives. But it would still be cool to see it again.

2. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Don't have the map, but I rememebr when I ordered my customized iMac it went from China to Alaska to Kentucky to Connecticut. And the Fed Ex tracking was slow to update, which was very frustrating at the time. ;)

3. loveAffair macrumors newbie

like this?

I'm a little disappointed right now. There is no "Out for delivery" scan. I kept on refreshing the page to see when it will be out delivering, so i can tell someone at home to wait for the shipment before going anywhere. But, fedex didn't scan and the package is now gonna be on the fedex truck going through 179526754 bumps to put a hurtin' on my mbp :(

I know the original Deivered by Date on the page was March29th 10:30AM. And i know i should be happy that they're 1 day early but still...missed the "out for delivery" scan. darn it :(

Attached Files:

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

It really depends on where you live. They all go from China to Alaska but then they go to regional hubs in Memphis, Indianapolis, Denver, etc.
    My iBook when China-->Alaska-->Indianapolis-->Detroit-->Ann Arbor

5. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

Not all. Mine arrived in two days and I didnt pay any extra for shipping. Heres why:

Attached Files:

6. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

I live in Dexter, MI (like right next to you) and finally got a FedEx Update saying my MBP departed Alaska. It also finally gave me an ETA, 10:30 AM this Friday. Pretty good considering the Apple Ship Date wasn't until April 3rd and it was supposed to arrive April 10th! The only bummer is that I go into school at 11 AM, meaning if they run late (always do), I have to wait until after school! I will go nuts. I have everything setup (iCurve, 20" Dell Widescreen, G7 mouse, Apple BT keyboard, Sennheiser headphones, Brenthaven case, Airport Express, 2 GB RAM, etc.) and am just waiting for the last piece of the puzzle. :D

7. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

My iBook (in 2003) came like this:

*Taiwan
    -
    *California
    -
    *Tennessee
    -
    *Wisconsin
    -
    *St. Paul, MN
    -
    *Elk River, MN

8. brianstanfill macrumors newbie

Anchorage first... cool

If it hits Anchorage directly out of China, I'm in luck. I live outside of Anchorage. Anchorage is a primary hub for a great deal of international freight traffic originating in the Eastern Realm.

I think the MacBook Pro I bought a year ago shipped from California. This time around, it looks like my goods are coming directly from the orchard.

Brian Stanfill
    Palmer, Alaska