Macbook Pro...Should I wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fiftyfour123, Feb 26, 2008.

  1. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    Location:
    New York, NY
    #1
    I have been waiting for an update to the macbook pro since last spring. Since then it has basically been the same. I have read that this is just a small update, and something better is on the way. One of the things i was waitng for was a multi-touch display. Since that it probably not happening anytime soon, i'm ready to get one. But will it only be a few months before the next update. Or will it be a while. Like at WWDC 08 or something?
     
  2. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2006
    #2
    I wouldn't hold my breath for a multi-touch display, but I think the current MBP design is "past it's best before date"...

    I would guess there will be a broader case/design update later this year (the Intel roadmap seems to imply that), but like anything else - if you need it now, buy it now.
     
  3. macrumors 65816

    juanm

    Joined:
    May 1, 2006
    #3
    No, please... :(

    If you need it now, get one, and be happy for the next ten months until when it's released. If you don't need it, you might as well wait and complain like this for months and months. There will always be somthing newer and better around the corner.
     
  4. macrumors G3

    Kilamite

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2007
    Location:
    Scotland
    #4
    Last update was over 200 days ago. You're safe to buy one now. Next update won't be for 4-6 months I'd guess.
     
  5. macrumors 68030

    basesloaded190

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    #5
    i can't believe people are wondering if they should wait or buy one now:eek:
     
  6. thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    Location:
    New York, NY
    #6
    why are you saying that?


    I don't really need it. I just want it. My emac is starting to slowly get slower and slower, so i think it is time for an upgrade. I think i'll sleep on it tonight and see what i think in the morning. I also want to see what other people have to say.
     
  7. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2007
    Location:
    Kentucky
    #7
    I dont think a multitouch display will come in the next 6 months. A year maybe, but it will most likely be ridiculously expensive. Wait if you must, but I'd got with a macbook pro for now.
     
  8. macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    #8
    Just buy now you will be waiting forever if you don't and you will be anxious to get one.
     
  9. GCY
    macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2006
    Location:
    NYC
    #9
    A new design is def. on its way. I could see that happening in 4 months at WWDC.
     
  10. thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    Location:
    New York, NY
    #10
    yeah, i strongly agree. What i think i may do is buy the current macbookpro and then when i graduate high school, i'll get the new one (if it's any better) as a gift, and sell my old (future) one. by the way, i'm a junior in high school now.
     
  11. macrumors 68030

    basesloaded190

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2007
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    #11
    they just frikin updated them, if you need it get if not wait till you do need it or get what you want..
     

Share This Page