Macbook Pro Sleeve - Need something tight!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by darrengreer, Oct 13, 2006.

1. darrengreer macrumors regular

I just bought a Coach bag online, and it has _just_ enough room for my Macbook Pro, _if_ I don't put my incase sleeve on it. Given this extremely tight fit, I'm looking for a different sleeve which will bit my macbook pro like a glove.

I've been googling for a while now, and have found something that may work (www.tucono.it). However, it looks like it may be a bit too thick for my needs.

Does anyone have any recommendations that may help me?

2. yord macrumors newbie

yord

Here you go [http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx]. I got my sleeve with my machine back in Feb and I love it!

3. shecky Guest

shecky

i have a waterfield sleeve for my TiBook and it fits perfectly snugly and glovelike.

www.sfbags.com

edit: whoops... you mean like a thin sleeve to go INSIDE another, padded sleeve. in that case ignore my recommendation, these are the big padded sleeves.

4. darrengreer thread starter macrumors regular

5. cschreppel macrumors regular

6. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

If you want it really tight get a PB 15" sleeve and not a 15.4" MBP one.
    I use my old PB 15" sleeve with my MBP cause I'm too cheap to get a proper fitting one :D

7. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

i jsut got my waterfield designs sleeve for my new macbook pro and it's awesome.

8. darrengreer thread starter macrumors regular

How much extra length and width does it add to the MBP? Measured would be awesome.

9. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

i dont have anything to add, but i am looking for a bag, would you mind showing me the one you have?

10. darrengreer thread starter macrumors regular

http://photography.greerfam.com/coach/IMG_5080.jpg
    http://photography.greerfam.com/coach/IMG_5081.jpg
    http://photography.greerfam.com/coach/IMG_5082.jpg
    http://photography.greerfam.com/coach/IMG_5084.jpg

It is a _very_ tight fit with my macbook pro. With the sleeve on, the top zipper will be putting pressure on the macbook pro, hence the need for the sleeve. I'm worried that the opening of the sleeve will leave it unprotected, so we'll see.

11. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I use Radtech's optex sleeves for my iBook and 12" PB; they fit nice and snuggly on Macs. So, I think their sleeves for MBP should be a nice fit as well.

I came across with this interesting product for MBP. It says you can keep it on even when you are using the computer, which comes in handy as you don't need to remove the sleeve before use.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

My STM sleeve for my PowerBook fits my Powerbook like a glove....the only time there's open air inside there is when my PowerBook is on vacation in Houston getting a major part replaced at the repair depot :rolleyes:

13. darrengreer thread starter macrumors regular

That looks _very_ neat. Has anyone on here used it before?

14. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if you've ordered your sleeve yet, but if you haven't, I'd recommend checking out the Booq Vyper M2. Booq makes some of the best quality products I've seen, and I've trusted their products for a few years now. These sleeves fit perfectly, with no excess space. I'd highly recommend these.

15. darrengreer thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the information. Quick question. Could you measure the length and width end-to-end of the case when the MBP is in it? I'd like to verify if it will fit in my new briefcase.

16. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

17. T-Stex macrumors 6502

From the Booq website:

Vyper M2
    Fits: 15-inch MacBook Pro
    Laptop Compartment: 14.1"x9.6"x1" (358x244x25mm)
    Exterior Dimensions: 14.5"x10.1"x1.5" (368x257x38mm)

Hope this helps.

18. darrengreer thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I should have looked to see if they listed it there myself.

19. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

OT, can I ask which Coach briefcase you got? I've been shopping for a new briefcase... I think my fit issues will be easier (iBook 12" with a Tucano sleeve), but I'm definitely interested in good looking options for the briefcase itself.

20. darrengreer thread starter macrumors regular

It's the "Conner" line. I think the one I found on E-bay is about 1-2 years old, but I went to the Coach store here and they also believe it is the Conner model. I really like it, as it is not too big and forces me to "slim" down what I carry.

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=4655&category_id=74

Lists at $500. Mine looks just like that, but is a dark brown leather, which tells me it is probably at least 2 years old.

21. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhh, okay, thank you! Hope it all works out. It's cute, although I'm looking for something more minimalistic... I've really been wanting to go back to briefcases recently though. :)

22. darrengreer thread starter macrumors regular

I've got an all aluminum one if you want it :) Looks like you are carrying a stash of cash ;)

23. suwandy macrumors regular

Definitely getting one of the STM for my new MBP :)

24. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

I got one.. fits so tight.. i had the Waterfield sleeve before.. but the M2 is definitely tighter compared to it.

25. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Before stumbling on this thread i was researching sleeves, and came to the conclusion that the Vyper M2 looks the best (second to the Crumpler school hymn), and i am about to order one for my C2D MBP!

review from looprumors.com:
    The Python XM[system] with Vyper M2 by booq® soundsfierce, yet is one of the most user-friendly, and best ergonomically designed bags on the market today. The Vyper M2 is the rigid sleeve that hugs a MacBook Pro using a bidirectional zipper. This very sleek transporter has a soft black material on the interior, which does a great job of keeping the MacBook Pro’s finish clean and firmly in place with virtually no wiggle room. Once closed, one can choose to carry this solo with a firm grip on the spine’s rubberized material, ensuring that the Vyper won’t slip, or pack it nicely in the Python XM.