Macbook Pro Stopped Recognizing Internal HD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Redaddiction, Jul 4, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2010
    I am having an issue with my Macbook Pro 5,5, I have two hard drives, an SSD in place of the disk drive, and 1 tb in the hd bay. While working the 1tb which holds all of my media stopped showing up in Finder and disk utility. I attempted to reboot, but to no prevail. I have searched but was unable to find any answers to why this may happen other than, a bad sata cable, bad hard drive, or logic board. The last which I don't believe is an issue because I'm still using the computer. I'm in Afghanistan with limited resources and want to know what actions I could take to troubleshoot the issue.

2. macrumors 601

Feb 6, 2010
    On the fence
    Sounds like a bad cable to me. Pretty cheap and simple fix. I think there would have been a lot more issues if the HD had actually died. Definitely not logic board though, it would probably be unusable.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2010
    That's good new, any idea on where I can purchase a replacement? Don't necessarily need a great price just somewhere that will ship APO.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 11, 2010
    After some research the cable is part number 922-7579, prices range from 4.00 on ebay to 30.00. Amazon had a vendor who had the cable so I was able to order one from there.