Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wapchris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Quick question: does anyone know what will happen to the "old" MacBook Pros who are on display inside the stores? (like ones the stores get the new models) Do they become refurbished models to buy?

I'm asking because i think of buying a refurbished MacBookPro but atm there isn't much available, and i wonder if it will get better (or worse) ones the new computers arrived.

I ask Apple customer care but they won't (or are not allowed?) tell me anything:)

The_Nautilus

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2016
I'm guessing here.. but they probably let employees have first bite on those at a real good discount.

Not sure about the display models but I am aware of discounts on brand new 2015 MacBook Pro's for staff. Depends on the store inventory I imagine. If I had to speculate they would probably send the display models in for refurbishment before selling to anyone.

spacedcadet

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2009
In the UK a few stores like PC World still have the previous models for sale. A lot seem to have sold out. As a bonus, if you can find one, they're still at last year's prices before Apple raised UK prices due to the poor exchange rate with the dollar.
I realise this does you no good if you're in the States. Good luck!

Also, the refurb store online is refreshed regularly, so worth checking back often. There'll probably be a few returns from people who bought just before the announcement who want to swap for the "latest and greatest" (or step backward depending on your needs for ports).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.