Macbook pro temperature

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by aplasticspork, Feb 23, 2006.

1. aplasticspork macrumors regular

I was just curious to see what macbook pro owners think of the temperature, mine seems to get quite hot at times. Also, does anyone know of an application that will tell me the temperature? All the ones that I've tried say that they can't find any sensors. (I hope this isn't a hardware problem...)

2. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Which apps did you try? I use Temperature Monitor. It was updated recently to be universal and added Intel-based Mac support. It should work.

As long as it's not like my friggin' G4 Powerbook processor I'll be happy. It hit 63.8*C last night! Is that normal!?

3. aplasticspork thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I tried temperature monitor last night, and just tried it again to be sure, it says no sensors found. I'd be curious to see if it works for other macbook owners, not to mention intel imac owners.

4. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, I just tried it on my 20" Intel iMac, and it recognizes the hard drive, but no other sensors. I don't know what other sensors (if any) the iMac has, but if they're there, the program doesn't see 'em.

Oh, and the hard drive was at 50 degrees C, with folding running for the past few hours.

5. TheFreshPrince macrumors member

When I updated Temperature Monitor the other day, I'm pretty sure I read that it hasn't been set up for the Macbook Pro yet. It'll be ready soon no doubt.

6. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

In the mean time, slap one of these on the bottom. :p

[​IMG]

It'll probably go off the scale. :rolleyes:

7. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Don't know, can just give you my experience with my pb. I'm checking the temerature from time to time using a widget called hardware stat or something like that, I'm not at my computer at the moment. Processor temperature never rises above 52-53 degrees C. Not even after 8 hours of graphic work and 6 hours of World of Warcraft.