MacBook pro trouble on Windows side

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ez22, Mar 11, 2007.

1. ez22 macrumors newbie

Mar 11, 2007
    I am trying to copy a home made family movie on dvd that my brother sent me. It is about 45 minutes long. I have windows software "CloneDVD2" and I'm trying to get that to work on my new MacBook Pro.

I put my dvd in and open CloneDVD2 and get the Welcome box. I click on Clone DVD and then scroll down to browse and in my Browse For Folder I see my movie title and I highlight it and click ok. Then I see my movie previewing. I see the Play time and Audio Settings and have DVD-5 and then the quality I see is 100 %. I click Next and everything is checked and I click Next again and I'm trying to click on DVD writer but that tab is not enabled. There is nothing in the middle white box but under the box is the Volume label with my movie title on it. I cannot click on Go because that is not enabled either. Somehow it is not seeing the drive. Please tell me what is happening? Do I need to buy an external DVD writer? I'm supposed to have a DVD writer on this computer. How do I enable DVD writer?
  2. aj98 macrumors member

Nov 16, 2006
    Froget the windows side for the moment.

First, create a disk image (with disk utility)

Then burn the image to disk (which I think you can also do with disk image)

Personally, I use Toast for most CD/DVD burning.
  3. ez22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 11, 2007

Thanks aj98, I just heard about Toast. I'm going to buy it.