Macbook Pro Troubles

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chrisarcher2188, Jul 18, 2006.

1. chrisarcher2188 macrumors newbie

At the begining of May 2006 I decided to buy a new computer so I got the MacBook Pro thinkin it would be great. Once I recieved it I found it to be very hot and would not stop wining. So I phoned up Apple and they picked it up and supposedly fixed it. Then the computer speakers started to pop and I was getting small Electrical shocks, so it whent back. After I got it back the screen started flickering, so I phoned up Apple and spent 4 hrs on the phone arguing with them eventually they agreed to replace my notebook with a new one. It worked fine for the first week then it started to restart it self and shutdown. So I phoned up Apple and they picked it up and supposedly fixed it. I am currently still having the restarting problem. Am I the only one with this problem?

/Users/Chris/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2006/Roll 13/100_0341.JPG

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

No, there does seem to be an awful lot of problems with the MBPs at the moment.

I don't have any problems with my MBP (luckily), so I would take it back to Apple and get another. It can't be you that's affecting it.

The whine and heat problem, my MBP gets very very hot, much hotter than my dad's Dell, but it's also much more powerful than my dad's Dell, so I put up with it. Yeah sure, there's also a whine, but I don't really mind. It's much quieter than any PC laptop I've used...