Macbook Pro Upgraded when repaired!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by craigatkinson, Sep 28, 2006.

1. craigatkinson macrumors regular

craigatkinson

So get this,
    A couple days ago I had a fellow law student spill coffee on my macbook pro and fry it. So I took it into the college bookstore to have the local apple tech fix it. (She paid for the whole thing.) I get my computer back today and after having the tech work on it the fan begins making a horrible noise. So I call the guy up to tell him that my computer is making funky noises. I had the lower model mackbook pro which has the 2.0 ghz processor and the 128 mb video card. The tech tells me while I'm the phone that he failed to mention that he upgraded my macbook pro to a 2.16 processor and that he has had this problem before and told me to bring the computer in in the morning. So when I got off the phone with him I checked it out in the system profiler and sure enough he had done just that. And then I checked out the VRam and to my suprise he had also upgraded the video card to to the 256mb version. How crazy is that? The only difference between my computer and the better model now is the harddrive. That's a $500 upgrade. As long as he can fix this fan problem I am very pleased.

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

3. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

You deserve a break after that coffee incident! :)

4. bossass macrumors regular

5. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Wow, congrats. Unexpected for sure, but take what you can get :)

6. generik macrumors 601

generik

How much did it cost your coursemate to fix the logic board btw? Doesn't sound cheap :D

7. craigatkinson thread starter macrumors regular

craigatkinson

She wouldn't tell me. She only said it was less than she expected.

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's pretty neat. I wish someone spilled cof.....wait, no. Wouldn't want to chance it :)

9. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I don't think you could be mad at her at this point - she actually benefitted you - perhaps you could cut her a break in the pricing...;)