Macbook Pro, which mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stuart1231, Oct 11, 2006.

1. stuart1231 macrumors newbie

Hi,

got a MBP yesterday and all is going well but when i am at home i like to use a mouse, but im not sure what one to go for.

I've always had logitechs and I saw the new logitech MX Revolution today and was tempted to buy it, but people rave about the MX1000, which i think is discontinued. Any make would do, looking for quality.

Money is not an issue and I am not a graphics person so I dont need a tablet, but I would like a powerful mouse, was thinking about bluetooth but there seems to be too many problems with waking them up.

Any help would be great.

2. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

I tried out a Logitech MX revolution at bestbuy a while back. Felt awesome. $99 is steep. i would love to see in real action, attached to a computer. I want a bluetooth, so i might wait. But I agree looks like a great mouse.

3. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

I'm a fan of the Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, myself.

4. Reaver macrumors 6502

I use a Logitech MX510 gamer mouse on my desktop PC, I just picked up a simple microsoft optical mouse ($30 wired) feels good in the hand and it feels sturdy.

5. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

The Logitech MX 1000 and the MX Revolution are BY FAR the best mice out there. I use both.

6. macaddicted macrumors regular

macaddicted

I have the MX Revolution's little brother, the VX revolution, and I absolutely love it. It isn't as big (or expensive) but the features are great. I have set up application specific settings for several apps for the various buttons. Overall I have been very happy with the mouse.

7. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Wish it was bluetooth.

8. ilikeninjas90 macrumors regular

i would get the mighty mouse

just b/c it is apple

9. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

While that is true in some cases their mice really suck. Get the VX Revolution, you will be happy with it since you will not experience any lag.

10. pengu macrumors 6502a

11. stuart1231 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Hi ive decided to go with the MX Revolution,

but you and your american prices, lol, her in the uk, in the shops the same mouse is $150!

I was lucky to get it for $110.

I know someone will reply saying they can prob get it cheaper somewhere else, but I'm just happy I made a decision.

Stu

12. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

i bought and returned this... it's NOT fully mac compatible, and it feels cheap... the (subtle via picture, obvious when u hold it) design on top of it completely violated apple's simplicity style

13. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

I would go with the MX revolution or MX1000 as well, good choice! :cool: