MacBook Pro Wireless

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ghall, Sep 13, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Last year I used my PowerBook to connect to my schools wireless network, but over the summer I upgraded to a MacBook Pro. Now I can't connect, but my friend with his PC laptop can connect fine. The wireless router is probably 30-40 feet away, and even when I try to get closer I can't connect.

2. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

I don't think you've provided nearly enough details for anyone to be able to help you. Have you talked to tech-support on campus? Do you have the right security keys? Is it open or secured? Does it work on other access points? What version of the OS are you running? etc. etc. etc.

3. shawsinio macrumors regular

i agree, there could be MAC add filtering (although probably not on a school network guess). a password, is ur mbp airport on?!

4. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Sorry if I wasn't very specific. It's not secure, anyone should be able to get on it. I'm running Mac OS X 4.7. Is it possible that my school could have locked out Macs? (which whould be weird since half the teachers have iBooks or MacBooks) By the way, it's a Linksys router, which I have at home, and have no trouble with at all.