Macbook Pro with 30" Cinema Display HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ceehjayem, Aug 12, 2006.

1. ceehjayem macrumors regular

I recently purchases a 30" Cinema Display to hook up with my Macbook Pro. I have a few issues for anyone that uses a similar setup. Any help is appreciated.

When I start up my Macbook, then close it, at times my computer freezes. Does anyone know the reason why it would do that? Also after I shut down the computer and turn it back on later, I find out that the battery is draining. Does this result in the Cinema Display using power through the DVI? Its puzzling to me because I figured that it would get its power from the wall charger.

Lastly, does anyone ever experience after you shut your macbook down and turn it back on later, it takes awhile for the Macbook to turn on? I've experienced it a few times.

Anyways, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't have a similar set up but that shouldn't matter too much.

Are you booting it up or waking it from sleep? If you're booting it up, do you wait until you're logged on before closing the screen?

The battery will drain anyway because the RAM and parts of the logic board require power still. It shouldn't drain terribly quickly, so roughly what sort of discharge rate are we talking about?

How long does it take and what stage of the boot process does it seem to be lagging on? :)