MacBook Pro WLAN slow DNS look ups

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by mojoxp, May 30, 2006.

1. mojoxp macrumors member

I've got the darned issue going on with my MBP. Its a week 10 unit if that makes a difference. Anyway, when doing DNS look ups over the WLAN it just takes forever. Plugging it in via gigE fixes the problem immediately. I've tried two different Linksys routers (an A and a B) and don't have the issue on my other two laptops I've got here (all have Intel WLAN cards).

I remember that there were initial reports of WLAN issues and the MBP and I'm wondering if this is something I should be contacting Apple about.

Here's the dump off the AirPort card:
    Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0x86)
    Wireless Card Locale: USA
    Wireless Card Firmware Version: 0.1.17

2. indiekiduk macrumors 6502

I had this exact problem too. I found that changing the IPv6 configuration back to automatic fixed it.

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

keep IPV6 config as auto and also try force entering the DNS servers. Also try different DNS servers.

4. deathshrub macrumors 6502

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Thank you. I didn't want to have to do that again. Please read before posting, it isn't that hard. If you can't read English, freetranslation.com is available to make the message clear. If you're illiterate, think before posting at all.

I just hate it when other people don't speak up immediately. Then everyone thinks it's okay.