Macbook Pro wont load google associated pages but Air will ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by keith4594, Oct 24, 2012.

1. macrumors member

as the title says on my macbook pro early 2011 wont load google associated pages eg maps/play or gmail sign in for youtube attached are photos of the messages i am getting i taught it was my internet but i am able to load other websites and on another macbook air in the house it works fine

Attached Files:

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
    Check ad-blockers, extensions and plug-ins that might be interfering.
    If you haven't already done so, try changing your DNS servers on your Mac and your router to OpenDNS servers. This will show you how: Why am I being redirected to other sites?

3. thread starter macrumors member

followed all the instructions including changing to the dns one 208.67.220.220 and the google one 8.8.8.8 both didnt work i can use google search but not maps,play or youtube

strange no ??

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Are you using a wireless or Ethernet connection? If the latter, check your settings in System Preferences > Network > Advanced. Is it manually or automatically configured? Are you using proxies?

5. thread starter macrumors member

using a wireless , connected to my airport extreme which is connected to my Thompson router nothing has changed over the last month not sure if it is manually or automatically configured, no proxies