Macbook Pro won't turn on, help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by twiggy0, Sep 10, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2009
    My 2007 15" Macbook Pro won't turn on. It was working fine this morning and all of a sudden it's unable to power on. The battery is fully charged and the magsafe cable shows the green light to confirm it's connected. I hold down the power button and nothing. :( I haven't spilled anything or damaged it.

Any advice on what I could do myself before heading out to an Apple store?
  2. macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2011
    So back in June I spilled about a half a glass of water on my keyboard on my macbook pro. I took it to apple, and they, of course said they can fix it with a price. Im a broke college student and can't afford this, so i just left it in my room. (No matter how many times i pressed the power button, it wouldn't turn on). Come August, I decided to just plug it in (to the charger) and press the power button to see if it turns on. When I plugged the charger into the laptop, it just booted up itself, without me pressing the power button, i was extatic. Everything worked fine, all the keys and the mouse. the only thing that didn't work still was the power button, so i knew i had to keep it charged 24/7 in order for it to be used. But alas, while i was in class, i guess i forgot to plug it in, and it died, every since then (about two - three weeks ago) it hasn't turned back i see/heard that you can short a specific place in the back of the macbook in order to start it, and also, you can press the right keys to also start this true...what should I do? I know my computer works and everything, because it was working perfectly for about a month...

Where are the 3 and 9 pins, and how do you exactly "Short" something?