MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by KfackC, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. KfackC macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2006
    #1
    :) hello,
    what is recommended ?
    buy soon (in these day) MBP or wait for a new MBP that will be announced on the next month ?
    what are you recommended to do?
     
  2. Sozsei macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2006
    #2
    If you can wait, you should wait. The new ones will be better and will probably cost the same. If you need to buy one now, you should buy one now. You'd still be getting a great machine that will last years.
     
  3. KfackC thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2006
    #3
    in this wwdc , apple can be announced about a new MBP ?
     
  4. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #4
    the keynote is over, no new MBPs.
     
  5. coday182 macrumors regular

    coday182

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2006
    Location:
    Jamestown, IN
    #5
    Unless, by a long shot, it is released silently with a new case and Merom chips.
     
  6. dmw007 macrumors G4

    dmw007

    Joined:
    May 26, 2005
    Location:
    Working for MI-6
    #6
    I would wait if you can.

    But to be honest, the current version of the MacBook Pro is quite awesome- it packs enough speed, portability, and features for the vast majority of users. So I would have no qualms buying a MBP today. :)
     
  7. aswitcher macrumors 603

    aswitcher

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2003
    Location:
    Canberra OZ
    #7
    Shift to Core 2 aint that big a deal and so could even appear this week or in a few weeks time. Apple could well be putting together a stock pile and trying to clear current inventory channels of exisitng stock.
     
  8. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

    MacsomJRR

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2003
    Location:
    San Diego
    #8
    Yes no there is I am sure no what MBPs at the WWDC ? see ? :p
     
  9. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #9
    As you know that is a fairly long shot, we are talking about Apple here, aka: the company that talks a lot when they did very little, and talks even more when they did relatively more.

    What are the odds that they will throw in a case redesign silently? :eek:
     
  10. dmw007 macrumors G4

    dmw007

    Joined:
    May 26, 2005
    Location:
    Working for MI-6
    #10
    Slim to none.
     
  11. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #11
    Indeed :eek:

    The next "big hype" event in 40 days, well at least we know it is gonna be big (hopefully)
     
  12. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2003
    Location:
    Georgia
    #12
    If you can wait.....wait.....if you can't then you have no options. But if you can wait for a new revisioin (which is coming soon) then wait. Obviously wait to jump on the best thing.
     
  13. aswitcher macrumors 603

    aswitcher

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2003
    Location:
    Canberra OZ
    #13
    Zip. I expect the next jump will be intergrated GPS next year for Leopard (secret stuff) and maybe blueray.
     
  14. cfanyc macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
    #14
    So whats the consensus? Will we see a silent "tuesday" release (not today) upcoming or will we have to wait for Paris to see a merom mbp?
     
  15. aswitcher macrumors 603

    aswitcher

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2003
    Location:
    Canberra OZ
    #15
    Stores would normally be down by nowish if something was going on, so I dont expect anything...sigh.
     
  16. lowen macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
    #16
    what will memrom bring to the MBP? there is enough speed for what i need, and i'm pretty happy with the current design.Battery life is the most important factor to me.

    the back2skl offer is also really good at the moment, so is it worth waiting for the new one or go for the current one,your thoughts on the new chip?
     
  17. kevinliu4 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2006
    #17
    go for it! i ordered mine this morning. feels good...feels right!

    i'm tired of waiting and will have little use for a 64 bit machine anyway. secondly and more importantly, you should always avoid the first batch of any new release...which also means more waiting which i'm done with.
     

Share This Page