macbook problem!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kimcheeboi65, Sep 24, 2006.

1. kimcheeboi65 macrumors member

kimcheeboi65

So in August, I sent in my macbook for repair because its logic board has been failing so badly. It would restart or the screen will go black often. Also, I would always have to reset my PRAMs so the laptop starts up rather than seeing the multiple colored verticle lines.

After a huge amount of hassle and getting my macbook back after a WHOLE month, I was glad because it would def. come useful in school and work.

When I charged it and pressed the power button for the first time, I had to reset my PRAMs. When I updated the macbook firmware and restarted? I had to reset my PRAMs.

EVERYTIME I RESTART/TURN ON&OFF, I HAVE TO RESET MY PRAMs.

anyone have suggestions what I should do? send it back to repair and go through the horrible care by non-apple, but apple warranty authorized repairing services?

I know a lot of people are having this problem. Thanks in advance.

2. ansalmo macrumors regular

I was having the multi-coloured vertical lines or "fade to grey" problem on reboot, but it's fine now that I've tried the screen resolution reset fix - have you tried that one?

Do your usual reset and let the Macbook boot up. Open system preferences, and change the screen resolution to e.g. 1024x768. Then set it back to the correct screen resolution and reboot. With any luck, that should solve the problem - it did for mine.