Macbook Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Genoa12, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Genoa12 macrumors newbie

I do not want to waste an arm and a leg on the tech support line which apple provides. I also would like to know how bad my macbook is, after buying it in November. I am not rough with it at all, it has barely left my desk.

Problems are:
    - Flickering screen -
    I have noticed this quite a bit when I tilt the screen (as it is tilting). It seems as thought people have been facing this problem, but to a further degree. I would like to nip it before my screen simply dies on me one day.

- Dead Pixels -
    I have a couple dead pixels strewn about on my screen.

- Eject Button -
    My eject button has to be pressed extra hard to be recognized.

- Creaky construction -
    If I pick my laptop up, or move the screen, the creaking is very loud. Louder than to be expected on a $1000+ machine.

- Screen Bright Spot -
    I have noticed when I tilt the screen at about 45 degrees towards myself there is a point on the screen where the backlight will shine through much more. Is this common, it seems as thought it will cause a problem down the road.

- Poor Mouse Button Functionality -
    Sometimes I will be clicking, and my mouse will click twice. This is very odd.

Thanks for listening! :D
    I hope I can get it fixed with minimal conflict from apple. :eek:

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Are you sure about this one? A new feature in OS 10.4.9 is a delayed eject button (to counter-act accidental presses). Now you have to hold the button down for about 2 seconds.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Im not so sure that those are problems or idiosyncracies of the machine. In the three laptops I've had (none Apple), all have exhibited those types of issues, some right out of the box, some mildly annoying, others pretty bad.

If you truly feel these are significant, you gotta call Apple or go to the Store. If the nearest Store is too far, and if the symptoms are that bad and getting worse, get AppleCare (esp. for a laptop!)

4. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

take it back. my macbook is showing none of those signs (except for the eject thing, which is just as Eric said).

5. Genoa12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot you guys, I will call up applecare tomorrow and get the info on how to get my machine repairs (I am new to the process this being my first mac and all).

6. Keirdre macrumors member

Ah thanks, I was wondering about that!