MacBook pulling apart near iSight camera

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by picknapples, Jun 7, 2006.

1. picknapples macrumors newbie

Well, got my MacBook the other day and while I haven't experienced the MOO I've read so much about I have noticed that the piece of plactic just above the iSight camera is pulling away from the top of the laptop. Could this be due to the new magnetic opener/closure mechanism on the MacBook. I've only had it two days and have opened and closed it half dozen times. This seems like it will become more of an issue over time.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what did/are you going to do about it.

2. Rovman macrumors regular

The whole front bezel around the screen just clips on. Theres no screws to hod it in place (though it does have a few bits of sticky tape on the corners).

Be careful with it, but you should be able to just "squeeze" it back on. I've taken mine off completely and put it back on with no problems.

3. medea macrumors 68030

medea

when you are "prying" open the macbook you should be careful not to press too hard on the isight part.

4. Rovman macrumors regular

Yeah, obviously don't press it together where the actual camera is, but at either side.