MacBook Q's, re:noises

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mac000, Nov 12, 2006.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

I just want to get to the bottom of this: i want to know if this is a fixable problem or if it is just going to be.

the Macbook i have has an erky buzzing noise from the left side of the keyboard, and it is more very noticable when the laptop is charging. I also had to install the MB firmware update to fix the fan "moo-ing" that happened every now and then - now the fan on the MB is on all the time - a little dissapointing.

Has anyone been successful in having a repair to get rid these inconvienences? Or is that just hot the MB's are?

2. MatthewCobb macrumors regular

Sounds as though you have a problem. Contact Apple. The firmware fix stopped my fan coming on at anything but the most exacting moments. Are you working with your MB on a stove?

3. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i mean its not on full force, they run on a low setting, but on all the time regardless.

4. somecows macrumors member

Hello,

I was wondering if you had made any progress on this issue? I just got a new Macbook and it is also making a noise. It is coming from the upper left side of the computer, where the power cord plugs in. In fact, when the power cord is not attached, it does not make the noise. The noise is not constant, it comes and goes every few seconds. This is not a LOUD noise, it is not the fan running and it is not the loud buzzing sound I have heard others describe. It is just a quiet buzz/whine. It's VERY annoying, but i can't tell if this is a legitimate problem or if I am just being crazy. I'm worried if I bring it to the attention of an Apple worker they will not even hear it, especially since there is a lot of background noise in the Apple store. My old powerbook did not make this noise. Thanks...