macbook ram sugesstions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by direzz, Aug 16, 2006.

1. direzz macrumors 6502

well, im going to buy my macbook soon. and im excited about that.

i thought about going with apple to add more ram, but it seems really expensive.

does anyone know where i could get cheaper ram, im here in canada... near toronto.

or.. are apples ram prices acceptable, and should i just go with them.

im getting the black one :D and i think im gonna screw the idea of mermon in september next tuesday, because ive been doing that since january. lol.

does anyone also have some suggesstions for macbook sleeves? i just need a basic one, but i dont want it to get scratched from the zipper, etc.

thanks for all your help in advance!

2. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Go to newegg.com and get some G. Skill ram. If you want to spend a little more....OWC is known as a really good brand as well....I have G.Skill and I haven't had a single problem. Check out the reviews at Newegg.com

Good luck

3. bluetorch18 macrumors regular

It depends, if you are upgrading to 1GB, I say you do it through the Apple Store. If you are upgrading to 2GB, try Other World Computing: http://otherworldcomputing.com/ they have some good prices on RAM.

By the way, its spelled Merom...add that to the tally of how many times people have spelled it wrong...:rolleyes: