MacBook re-occurring problems.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ryhno45, Feb 17, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2008
    Good Afternoon MacRumors community!,

I'm having an issue with my machine. :(

Its a MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008), and I am have some problems that keep occurring.

Firstly, the track pad will randomly get stuck (Will not click) and the hard crashed. This was about ~ 1 year ago.

The second time, the hard drive failed again, ~roughly couple 6 months ago.

The third time, the hard drive started to act real slow and stuttered a lot. Since I saw this previously, I knew what to expect so I backed up about a couple hours before the crash. ~roughly 3 months ago.

Now recently, my track pad is again acting up. It will become unstable and I cannot click it. I am sure this problem can easily be remedied, but now the real problem occurs...
    My hard drive is stuttering randomly again!:confused:

I'm a college student in my last year of engineering. That means a lot of reports, drawings, etc. The next 2 weeks will be hectic and I really need a computer to do my work. (The macbook seems to always fail when exams are coming....)

What should I do? What would you do in my situation?

Additional Info:

This device does not have any water damage, and their is a light scratch below the "directional buttons." (Due to my watch, but it is very light.)

I have not dropped my machine, played football with it, or jumped off a plane with it. :p

Your suggestion(s) are greatly appreciated! Thank You!
  2. macrumors newbie

Feb 17, 2011
    To Much Gb?

How much memory does your compter have left? If it doesn't have much left, that may be the problem. :apple:
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2008
    According to Activity Monitor, I have 1GB of memory free of 3.75GB total. (When running AutoCAD, Word)

For extra info, I currently have 160/250 GB free for hard drive space.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Jul 30, 2010
    North Yorkshire, UK
    The trackpad "click" can be adjusted by turning a screw underneath it I believe but it might be an involved job getting to it depending on your model.