MacBook Repair Status: On Hold - Need Information? (Pic)

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Donz0r, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

They said 7-10 days, it's day 13ish now! Sent in for Intermittent Shutdown, Stained Wrist Wrests, and Screw not set properly.

Suggested fix: replace MLB , Replace Top Case, reset screw.

So whats taking so long? Do you think Apple is figuring out what's ACTUALLY causing the random shutdowns and that's the information they're watiting for?

2. MisterEd macrumors 6502

3. generik macrumors 601

generik

Maybe they are waiting for your authorisation to complete the repair because this will be a paid job...

4. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well just got off the phone, they're waiting on a heatsink. The lady said they "diagnosed the problem as a heat issue, so they're replacing the heat sink" but it's not a heat problem! (random shutdowns) It shuts down all the time, when it's cold or hwtaever. Arg! so frusterated. it better be fixed!

5. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

No, they could be right. If the HS is flaky it could case the computer to overheat esp. on bootup.

6. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Is it safe to put your product ID and serial number up?

7. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I sent my MacBook in last Friday with the random shutdown issue. The guy who helped said he would put in the order that day, so the logic board might be coming on tuesday or wednesday. The job would take around 2 hours, so I probably won't be getting it back until coming Friday.

A whole week without my MacBook... :(

8. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Don't get too excited, they aren't even replacing the logic board on mine, even though thats what the guy said they'd do, they're replacing the heatsink because they've "diagnosed it as a heat problem" AND i'm on day 14 right now, and i was told it'd take a week so....you should add another frown face:( :(