Macbook returned this morning

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Roy Hobbs, May 20, 2006.

1. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

After spending only 1/2 day with the Macbook it went back to the apple store.
    It heated up worse than my Powerbook and made a werid "mooing" sound.

They wanted to charge me the restock fee but I asked to talk to the manager. I told him the situation (plus he remembered my from my numerous purchases over the last year) and he gave me all my $$ back.

I guess I will wait for Rev B of either the MB of MBP

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Sorry to hear that :( It's good that you managed to get it taken back without a restocking fee. Still, I'm sure there are plenty of people happy with their Macbook purchases - maybe you were just unlucky?

3. pinetec macrumors member

pinetec

I've had my MacBook since Wednesday and have had no problems. It gets a little hot sometimes but nothing out of the ordinary. No wierd noises either (yet).

I went ahead and bought the black one. I really liked the contrast of the black and the white apple logo.

Hope yours was an isolated problem.

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

It would appear that the black Macbooks are somehow less prone to the various issues. Perhaps that's why they cost more ;)

5. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

The black would disperse heat better right? Where as the white would reflect it, so in sense wouldn't the black MB be cooler because of airflow around it and the black casing to take heat out of the core (provided you aren't outside using it)??? Theoretically? (sp?)

Wow I think i have everything in that sentence backwards, its early so correct me.

6. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I just wish somebody would buy my PowerBook so I can get one of these and see if I have to go through trouble or not.

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Umm... I don't think so. If anything the extra layer of paint would act as an insulator. I don't think the colour has much effect on how much a body radiates. If you're talking about absorbing energy if left in the sun, that would be a different story. Either way, lexan polycarbonate is far more of an insulator than aluminum alloy.

8. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

That's very unfortunate... I guess you will join me on our long wait for Rev. B!