MacBook Right Click TrackPad

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by joshwest, Jun 5, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

joshwest

Does the right click on the trackpad come standard out of the box, or do you need to customize in settings?

2. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You mean two fingers on the Trackpad for right click? It's under Keyboad & Mouse is System Preferences....

3. macrumors 6502

Coheebuzz

I though that only the 17" MBP came with this feature. On other models you have to use a hack to enable it, basically just use the pref panel that comes with the 17" MPB OS X built, however it resets when restarting and you have to re-anable it from the mouse & keyboard prefs. My guess is that its gonna be enabled for all computers with the 10.4.7 update since its just software.

4. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

17" MBPs and all MBs ship with it. The educated guess is that 15" MBPs will get it with 10.4.7.

5. macrumors 603

Warbrain

There's no way that the iBooks and Powerbooks that can do a two-finger scroll will get such a function. Even though it's possible because it's just a software issue at this point, we'll always have to resort to some hack in order to get it. I have tried the first hack, and it didn't work right on my iBook. Has anyone else tried a different hack?