Macbook Scratches

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacFanatic88, Jan 26, 2007.

1. MacFanatic88 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I have a black macbook about 5months old. I have some scratches on my lid that I do not like :(. I'm usually careful with it and not sure how they got there. Has anyone had tiny scratches that they were able to get off of it? Thanks!

2. PDE macrumors 68020

Just be careful not to use an abrasive since the black is coated and underneath is a shiny, rather cheap-looking plastic.

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I can't answer your question but even if you are extremely careful, the unexpected can happen. Should have bought an invisible skin from BestSkinsEver.com

4. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Should have bought a cover before you got your book :(

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

6. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Seems like we're not really answering his question...

I'm not sure if Applesauce would work on the MB, but its suppose to remove scratches. Maybe give that a try?

7. dadsp33k macrumors regular

dadsp33k

:eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

8. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

9. Boxer macrumors regular

I would be very careful putting any kind of chemical on my laptop. You just never know what could happen. I would suggest just being very careful from now on. Or you can buy a new top lid. But that would be costly. Not sure though.

10. PDE macrumors 68020

Please...don't use things like Applesauce - they're abrasive and work only on the shiny surface of the white macbooks. There is a very thin coating on the black macbooks that will come off if you start applying this kind of stuff on it. And once it's off, your beautiful, sexy matte macbook will look much worse than with just a few scratches!

Be careful...that's all.

11. MacFanatic88 thread starter macrumors newbie

well thanks ... I guess I don't have a solution then :(

12. macbookprouser macrumors member

if the case is anything like the black nano, i would be terrified. lol.

13. toddster63 macrumors newbie

toddster63

For the white MacBooks, iDrops (best price on Amazon.com) and cotton balls work great to remove scratches. It takes some elbow grease and patience, but you can get them completely off...

I hope there is a similar product for the black MacBooks, but after looking at the finish, I doubt it... It's one of the reasons I steered clear of the black model...

14. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

If you were to see a picture of my PowerBook, you'd throw up. All the paint around the outside perimeter of the palm rest is gone; down to the natural bare plastic. It was a common problem with the Ti-Books, but mine is a severe case.

I find comfort in the fact that a new palm rest casing is available for $199.99 :eek:

15. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

Wow, maybe you could send it in to ColorwarePC and they'd give it new coat of paint?

Anyway, I bumped this thread because I'm wondering how well iDrops will work on my white MacBook, which has hundreds of little hairline scratches on the top lid. But I also have some very minor scratches on the interior matte white finish, as well as some finger oils in the trackpad. Does iDrops work on the interior, too?

16. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Does anyone know if the Apple Store carries iDrops? I need to sell my MacBook this week before a trip and can't order from Amazon.com or Podshop. :eek: