Macbook screen anomaly (grateful for answers)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ludde, Apr 24, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Apr 24, 2007
    Hello everyone!

It's too bad that my first post in these forums after lurking for quite some time would have to be a worried one.

I got myself a Macbook in January, and I absolutely love it! It works better than any other computer I've ever been using, including my home-built one, which have had more near-death experiences than I would like to tell.

I've already had my Macbook in for service once because of a bunch of dead pixels, and I've been looking for a good time to send her away for the mysterious disappearance of Bluetooth functionality since it came back.

Anyway, on to what I would like to ask you about. I noticed just a couple of hours ago that a small, but not negligible part(about the size of a horizontal fingerprint) of the screen close to the right corner of my dock has started acting quite strange. When looking at it from about a 30 cm distance(Edit: Now visible at normal viewing distance), it looks as if there are lines going down that part of the screen in rapid succession(edit: I think they can be called ripples ^^; ). Perhaps I should also mention that the visibility varies depending on screen brightness and background color. I can imagine that's something that could be seen if there's something wrong with the refresh-rate or if the monitor is old, neither of which would be a likely explanation in this case. I am glad that the computer is malfunctioning while it's still young, but I'd really prefer if it didn't. I can also imagine that this is the kind of problem that would just be brushed aside by the technician, which doesn't make the whole thing easier.

I would be most grateful for some educated opinions on this matter, since I have no idea myself whether it is likely that it'll go away, or if I should hope for it to get worse in order to get a replacement.

Thanks in advance!