macbook screen blotchyness

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ashokc, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ashokc macrumors member

Hi guys have any of you experienced blotchyness around the corners of the lcd in new macbooks? I can onky describe it as a faint blob on the corner of the screen.

2. The General macrumors 601

Take a picture ... I don't know what you mean.

3. ashokc thread starter macrumors member

i cant take a picture of it as its not visible through the camera. Basically it is a small curve at the edge of the screen kind of like the one that occurs when a magnet is placed next to a tv only it is very faint

4. The General macrumors 601

5. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

I would say so too. Especially if the blotches are lighter looking than the rest of the screen, i.e. they are not dark blotches. If so, I would say it's something altogether different.

6. Icewind macrumors regular

Icewind

If it looks anything like this, then that is normal for MacBooks.
    I set the desktop wallpaper to be a sloid colour, then angled the screen to make the unevenness of the backlighting more pronounced (simply for the photo).

In normal viewing/use, you won't notice this unevenness at all.
    The MacBook screen actually looks pretty damn nice :)

[​IMG]

7. ashokc thread starter macrumors member

hey guys it was just un-eveneness in one specific area of the screen having spoken with two engineers they both believe this was down to gases not settling in the screen and in fact after a few hours of power on time the gases have dissipated :D at last i can enjoy my mac :D