Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
OMGGGG i posted this like a month ago because i could not see mine either mine is an 00009CA5 i bout my macbbok like a month ago its beatutifull almost like the air with less resolution so what brand is it?????

Jigsawjammer

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2009
NYC
Thanks Speed...you really have changed my plans but for the better. How come this is the first time hearing about this?

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
yes i bought a 2.0 thanks speed the viewing angles of mi mac are ass good as the pros no wonder other people where mad with their and i wasent
Yeah, although I've not seen the 9CA5 screen in real life yet, but based on those photos, I have to admit that these new screens are "MBP-like" quality. I for one am really mad with the crappy 9C89 that I have. :mad:

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
Yeah, although I've not seen the 9CA5 screen in real life yet, but based on those photos, I have to admit that these new screens are "MBP-like" quality. I for one am really mad with the crappy 9C89 that I have. :mad:

yeah they have the same quality except for the resolution but im happy with mine can se the diff between 720p and 1080p on a 13 inch XD be happy with your there people that which they had one and the still have a sucky dell or hp

n20nine

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
i am so pissed off at apple, is there any way i can get to convince them i need a new machine? my back cover is a bit loose...

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
yeah they have the same quality except for the resolution but im happy with mine can se the diff between 720p and 1080p on a 13 inch XD be happy with your there people that which they had one and the still have a sucky dell or hp

I wish I can be happy, except for the fact that I've a couple of Sony Vaio notebooks that have very good screens. :p By the way, what do you mean by except for the resolution? :confused: The 9C89 is also a 13.3" screen just like the 9CA5 with a native resolution of 1280x800.

ZebraineZ

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
Here's a .mov of the first part of batman returns. Kind of a disturbing scene, but it's quite dark. :)

http://creative-foc.us/macbook-screen.mov

photo(4).jpg

photo(5).jpg

I was more disturbed at what the reflective glare had on the screen :)

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
I wish I can be happy, except for the fact that I've a couple of Sony Vaio notebooks that have very good screens. :p By the way, what do you mean by except for the resolution? :confused: The 9C89 is also a 13.3" screen just like the 9CA5 with a native resolution of 1280x800.

sorry i was comparin the macbook resolution against the pro and the air:apple:

Sareth

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2009
In the dark, it does look grey to the naked eye compared to the surround but there is no spotlight effect.

DSCF1171.jpg

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
system preferences. displays. color. select the stock profile. click open profile. scroll down to select item #13. it has the info there.

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
In the dark, it does look grey to the naked eye compared to the surround but there is no spotlight effect.

Wow. That doesn't even look grey at all & the black is even from top to bottom. :)

I just wish mine is like that. :( When displaying that same wallpaper, I just cannot get the black to be even throughout the screen no matter how I tilt it. When the top is black, the bottom is grey. :( When the bottom is black, the top is black but "inverted," if you know what I mean. :(

I guess my best option is to sell my base Alu MB (which I'll do after my exams about 2 weeks from now) & re-purchase another one (hopefully I'll luck out & get the same 9CA5 screen this time). :) Hopefully, I'm able to sell it to someone who doesn't know about the new screens so that I'll not loose too much resale value. :D Wish me luck. :)

Sareth

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2009
Colours still wash out vertically. I did some photos to illustrate this but my shaky hands ruined them.

SPEEDwithJJ

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
Colours still wash out vertically. I did some photos to illustrate this but my shaky hands ruined them.

This is a bit "comforting" to know for an existing Alu MB owner. :)

Does your camera have any "visual stabilizer" function or something? If possible, I (as well as others) would appreciate it if it is convenient for you to take some photos & share with us. If it is not possible, it's alright, don't worry about it. Anyway, a big thanks to you for the previous photos that you've posted. :)

Knolly

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2007
To the people who have these "newer" screens:
1. Any chance we can get some pics from some angles horizontally and vertically?
2. Even better, any chance you might know someone who's had an aluminum Macbook for awhile and could take some straight-on and angle pics in comparison? Comparison pics with MBPs or Airs would be interesting as well.

For sake of comparison, I've got:
Manufacturer: 00000610
Model: 00009C8C

Looks great straight-on, but I'd say a 30 degree angle horizontally or vertically is pushing it in terms of viewability. The main gripe is that ANY change of angle changes the viewing quality, so if I'm even slightly off-center it won't look as good as it does head-on. It's certainly tolerable, but still far inferior compared to a MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.