Macbook shipping packaging

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by blackscooby, May 26, 2006.

1. blackscooby macrumors 6502

blackscooby

Hello,

I've just made the leap and ordered a Macbook 2Ghz. What packaging was yours delivered in ?
    I'm getting mine delivered to work, so it would be nice if it wasn't obviously an expensive Apple product. I'll get too many questions if it is just in the MacBook box !

Thanks

2. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

Apple ships all their laptops in plain cardboard boxes.

3. Cedd macrumors member

It is in a plain cardboard box but it has a shipping label in a clear plastic envelope with "Apple" on it - therefore it is not totally anonymous but it is not quite as obvious as a Macbook box.

4. gerbilbox macrumors regular

Mine came in a plain cardboard box. Upon a glance I couldn't even find the word "Apple" on the shipping label, but I could be wrong.

5. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

Every laptop I've received had ACI on the label instead of Apple.

6. iGary Guest

iGary

ACI is a fulfillment center - here on the east coast it's Buy.com's PA warehouse.

7. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

Your laptops ship from PA and not from China?

8. iGary Guest

iGary

My last iBook in 2004 did...

9. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

Interesting. Out of 100+ laptops I don't think I've gotten one that wasn't from China.

10. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Obviously, it depends. Some people's boxes don't say anyting, other people's dp. When I bought my mac min in the summer, it had a HUGE label on the side and it said "Mac Mini" in a bold font that looked about 36 pt. It also had the specs listed on the side of the box.

11. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

My iBook came shipped from China but it still had ACI on the shipping label. As has everything I have ordered from Apple. I think ACI just is short for Apple Computer, Inc.

12. DMPDX macrumors 6502

The one I ordered for my siste came in a cardboard SHELL not a box. It had the fedex labels on it but no signs of the word macbook or apple. When oyu peel off the cardboard shell, you'll find the macbook box. It looks like it would if you would buy one new from the applestore kiosk.
    -dsm

13. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

my PB came in a peanut-lined cardboard box with the PB box inside... and the label did say ACI