macbook staining (blue ink)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jbusc, Sep 16, 2006.

1. jbusc macrumors member

I have a white macbook and the areas under the keyboard under my wrists are starting to turn blue.

I think it's because I use blue pens all day, and some of the ink rubs on my wrist, where it's subsequently deposited on the macbook.

I've tried water and isopropyl alcohol (which I know this ink is soluble in) on some soft cotton pads and I've scrubbed it pretty furiously, but so far no change. Any idea what might get it out? I actually don't mind having a "bluebook" but I think it's better to clean it up :)

2. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

3. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

have any pics? maybe mr.clean magic eraser sry. someone delete my first post

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser like the above poster said, or if you're feeling brave, some acetone-free nailpolish remover. That usually gets most stuff out, but I'd try it on a small corner first to see that it doesn't do anything to the plastic (I don't think that it would though).

5. doodosh macrumors newbie

I had a blue stain on the wrist area also. It eventually went away after a couple of weeks you should be fine. I couldn't find anything to clean it that actually worked.

6. manosaurus macrumors 6502

manosaurus

This is a known defect with macbooks. The original plastic was too porus and absorbed too much oil from the hands caused a stain of a blueish hue. Call Applecare and the plastic will be replaced.

7. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

i have the same thing, its just pen ink on mine too..It doesnt ever come off
    Soooo what i am trying to do is get my palmrests to stain yellow like the defect (which they are, i just need more use time) and then send it in. Apple will replace the area, with the yellowing and the ink stains!

So i dont worry. My macbook has the discolouration problem, i just need it to get worse... :D

8. California macrumors 68040

California

Carbona Ink Remover in the little yellow bottle will get it off.

Got ink off my iBook once with it. Worked perfect.