Macbook starts in sleep mode...

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Star Destroyer, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

I did a quick search and didnt find anything related, but the past couple times i have turned on my macbook it would start up IN sleep mode. Black screen, white like from the LED and nothing else.. I have to wake it up or else it will stay asleep and not boot up. When i wake it it goes to the blue start up screen as normal, and then OS X loads fine...
    Has this happened to anyone else? what could be wrong?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So, just to confirm, the computer is shut down, you open the lid, you press the power button, and the sleep light just starts pulsing. There's no other reaction from the machine? :)

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Did you, by any chance, close the lid before the MacBook was completely shut down...? That would cause this behaviour...

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Happens to me too, annoying isn't it. Unfortunately the only way I found to get it to work properly is to let the battery run down, then charge again.

5. Star Destroyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Its not the "closing the lid before shutdown" thing.. i have done that, i know not to..

I will like come home from school, open the lid push the power button and automatically the white sleep comes on, NOT pulsing... black screen nothing happening... so i tap the space bar a couple times and the light turns off and the screen goes back to the normal startup routine. If i dont 'wake iit up' then it would stay like that.

That is the situation, is that normal?
    It never used to happen, but then happened twice this week..

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's not how it should behave. It may be a fault with the new laptops that'll be fixed by Apple (hopefully), but try resetting the PMU to see if that helps in the meantime. :)