Macbook stuck on bluescreen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bleedingkyo, Jul 1, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

A few days ago my macbook froze, when I did a hard reboot it boots to bluescreen. I've even left it up overnight just in case it was talking awhile.

Here is what i've tried so far:
    -boot into safemode, holding in shift does nothing.
    -Tried to run disk utility, it said something like it couldnt be done (forgot the exact message)
    -reinstall the OS from cd, but holding in c causes it to reboot.
    -holding option and clicking the cd to boot from causes a reboot also
    -command-option-shift-delete does nothing
    -Gone into single user mode done the fsck thing, also tried this http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutor...ve-the-leopard-blue-screen-of-death/#more-110

Starting to think the HDD is shot..

EDIT: Just noticed an error when I type in /sbin/fsck -fy it says "Incorrect block count for file pcscd.pub it should be 16 instead of 17
    ^not sure if that means anything

Edit 2: Was able to run disk utility now, no errors were found however it still will only boot to blue screen.

2. macrumors 604

If the hard drive WAS shot, there would be no reason why the computer wouldn't boot from the CD. The only other thing I can think of that woulda caused it is the logic board...

Try taking it into Apple?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn I hope not...with what i've heard apple quotes to replace that. My warranty is expired and i don't have apple care...though ill be getting it in future since this is the second apple product ive had major issues with shortly after the warranty expires.
    I have an appointment with apple sunday...earliest they could get me in.

4. macrumors regular

trayanscragg

sounds like a logic board issue like the other member stated above.

5. macrumors 604

Yes, it probably is the logic board. And, well, they cost a hellulva lot of money to fix :(