Macbook subwoofer does not work in windows. Why?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by lexa-a, Dec 16, 2006.

1. lexa-a macrumors newbie

Bootcamp 1.1.2.

When I play music in windows XP there is significantly fewer of low frequencies compared to what i hear in OSX (on internal macbook speakers). It's not concerned with equalizer settings, seems like drivers problem... Does anyone else have this problem?

2. thebeephaha macrumors 6502

thebeephaha

First off there is no subwoofer in any of these laptops but it may be how the drivers do indeed run the card but its unlikely, did you make sure all the EQ's were the same? Were you using the same audio app in both occasions? Etc.

3. lexa-a thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

5. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

I'm going to go with the lack of support in the drivers theory aswell. If that is the case there isn't much that can be done till another update is released for the software.

6. thebeephaha macrumors 6502

thebeephaha

I did some research and found that basically, its because it was easier to put 3 1watt speakers in there than 2 1.5watt speakers or whatever the MacBook Pro has. So they made one a mono speaker (the center-ish one) and the two outer ones are the L and R.

Think of is as a 3.0 speaker setup. :rolleyes:

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Erm, I'm pretty sure the MPB retained the 3rd speaker from the PB. It's located underneath the option key and helps out the midrange.

8. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Try going into Windows' speaker settings control panel and tell it you have a '2.1' speaker system. See if that helps. (I don't imagine it will, but you never know.)

9. mlarmann macrumors newbie

A little off topic

Does anyone else with a MacBook have problems with the internal speakers? My sound quality is dreadful and always comes out scratchy.

Anyone else getting this?
    Any recommendations?

10. jannibal-1992 macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem on my 2.2ghz oct2007 white macbook. It seems windows XP only uses the macbooks subwoofer for the right side. if i pan an audio signal to the left al the bass (wich isn't very much to start with) is gone.